TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE | Get ready to launch your business online
Free tickets to 2020 Regional Growth Summit
Free Marketing Support from Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism!
Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism is offering some great free marketing support to businesses in the tourism industry along with key resources, guides and tools to help your business prepare as restrictions begin to ease.
Check out the great library of short, helpful training videos from their local expert partners, brought to you at no cost. Check out the one below on helping you manage ‘Google my business’.
Business Clean Up Day in 2020: registrations now open!
In 2020 Clean Up Australia will be celebrating their 30th anniversary and all that has been achieved by their volunteers over the past three decades.
Clean Up Australia Day is on Sunday 1 March, but in recognition that businesses often wish to participate during work hours, the official Business Clean Up Day is Tuesday 25 February. However, businesses can opt to do a Clean Up any day of the year.
Doing a Business Clean Up is a great way to:
- Make a real difference by helping us to deliver lasting environmental change
- Support your local community
- Increase team cohesion via a low-cost team building exercise
- Engage your team in discussions on waste issues.
To learn more visit Clean Up Australia.
New business and industry roles at Moyne Shire
Moyne Shire is currently hiring for two exciting positions.
The Senior Engagement Officer Wind Farms role will provide critical interface between council, community and government departments on important energy projects in the shire. It’s a part-time flexible position that involves working with community, contractors and dealing with sometimes complex and sensitive topics.
The Economic Development Officer (one year maternity leave position) will be responsible for delivering programs and projects under the new economic development strategy. This is a diverse role that spans small business and industry, events and projects, and investment attraction. It’s about responding to day-to-day business enquiries and working on long term programs too.
Applications close on Monday, 9 December. For position descriptions and to apply online:
Feel free to contact us anytime to discuss these positions.
Michelle Grainger, Executive Manager Major Projects – 03 5568 0555 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Loren Tuck, Economic Development Officer – 03 5568 0573– email@example.com
Have Your Say @ businessfolk.com.au
Last chance to REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE and HAVE YOUR SAY before funding application is submitted to get this initiative off the ground!
Share, like, follow and tag @busi.folk on social media for a free day pass to the coworking space when it opens – please direct message your email address to receive your trial pass.
If you’re interested in using the space, please please please fill in the quick EOI questionnaire on the website! Thanks y’all.
WHAT is Business Folk you ask?
– communal work tables
– designated desks
– private offices
– conference/meeting rooms
– flexible creative spaces
– soundproof multimedia room
– in-house professional photography
– printer/scanner/photocopy services
– business support services
And, a BUSINESS NETWORK to compliment the physical space.
Business Folk aspires to motivate and inspire:
– home-based businesses
– entrepreneurs / freelancers
– travelling business folk
– creative industries
– community groups / festival organisers / volunteers
– individuals interested in structuring routine tasks
More info at businessfolk.com.au
Cowork • Educate • Network • Inspire • Create
Why walk the business journey alone?
Boost your business
Round 4 of Business Victoria’s Boost Your Business program is now open, offering up to $50,000 in funding for eligible small and medium enterprises.
Find out more about the program, including funding streams and eligibility criteria, click here: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/Boost-Your-Business
Are you a HRBA member?
Have you ever thought about become a member of the Hamilton Regional Business Association, but didn’t know how to go about it, or what the benefits were?
As a HRBA member, you can:
- Promote your news and events through HRBA’s monthly newsletter.
- Link to your business website through the HRBA website.
- Seek lobbying and advocacy support for your business or industry.
- Attend monthly networking events free of charge.
- Attend training and other information forums free of charge.
- Obtain a discount on your businesses VECCI membership.
Moyne Shire – join the new business advisory committee
Moyne Shire recently adopted its Economic Development Strategy 2019-2029 and is now calling for local representatives for a new Economic Development Advisory Committee.
In this volunteer role, you would meet quarterly to:
- provide strategic business and industry perspective and assist in monitoring results and reviewing annual action plans.
- establish productive working relationships between Council and business stakeholders.
- contribute proactively at Committee meetings by sharing information and ideas relevant to the betterment of Moyne’s economy.
Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 4 November 2019 and will meet the following selection criteria:
- Is a local business owner, manager or industry representative with a range of business experience and skills.
- Is willing and able to represent and communicate the interests of the business/industry community to the Committee, and relay information from the Committee to the business/industry community.
- Is available to attend quarterly meetings.
For more information or to apply for the committee CLICK HERE.
Business Folk – regional coworking spaces and business networks
SEEKING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Coworking Space opening in Port Fairy, 2020
The vision of Business Folk is to create modern, inspiring and productive communal workspaces and vibrant business networks to support startups, promote business development, synergy and growth within regional working communities. Business Folk will provide a supportive environment where folk come together to further educate, build and inspire one another as a connected business community.
home-based business owners
travelling business folk
Crucial market research is underway to get this community capacity building initiative off the ground, please get involved and have your say here: www.businessfolk.com.au/research