Rural communities lead new suicide prevention effort
Media Release: Rural communities lead new suicide prevention effort
People living in farming communities across Victoria’s Great South Coast have a new opportunity to help prevent suicide in their communities. Deakin University’s National Centre for Farmer Health—with funding from the Great South Coast Suicide Prevention Place Based Trial—have recently launched MH4Ag—a project working closely with people in farming communities to develop new ways to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
MH4Ag is currently calling for community members to contribute their experiences to help inform project development. People who have experienced depression or psychological distress, those who have cared for or provided support for people with depression or psychological distress, and community members who want to help address mental health issues in rural areas are encouraged to participate.
Read full Media Release: CLICK HERE
Read more about Mental Health 4 Ag: CLICK HERE
Free financial literacy workshop for women
Proudly supported by Sinclair Wilson and presented by women to assist building your confidence making financial decisions.
This workshop will help you:
- Learn how to comprehend basic finance and investment terms
- Understand basic investment structures
- Grasp taxation obligations
- Gain insight into the important of Estate Planning, including having a Will and Power of Attorney
- Learn what to look for in sourcing a professional advisor
- Find out how to prepare for aged care