- This event has passed.
AICD’s Not-For-Profit Governance 101 Briefing
Information session for the Not-for-Profit Sector.
This session is designed for board directors and committee members of small not-for-profit and community organisations who have limited exposure to the principles of good governance. It will provide guidance as to what good organisational governance looks like and the difference that contemporary governance practices can make to your organisation. This briefing is a discounted offering for the local NFP community.
What will you learn?
This one and a half hour briefing will give you an overview of:
- The importance of good corporate governance and what it looks like in practice
- Your role and responsibilities in driving good governance
- How to run effective board meetings and ensure a healthy relationship with management
- How governance practices can help you identify emerging issues early, and
- The characteristics of a good director.
Who should attend?
This session is ideal for current, newly appointed or aspiring chairs, directors, committee members and councillors of not-for-profit and community organisations. It will also benefit managers, key staff, volunteers and public officers who seek to improve the governance practices in their organisation.